cocoon-users mailing list archives

From EEAltend...@thoughtworks.COM
Subject Cocoon with Struts or other UI packages
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 19:40:04 GMT
Hi, I'm working on a large (~200 screens) web-delivered application that
currently uses a mix of JSP's and servletty beans to manage the
presentation/interface.  That approach is not sufficiently flexible or
managable, and we need a new strategy.

I am considering using Cocoon and XSP's to take care of the page
generation, but I need a good framework for processing user input,
performing actions/operations, managing navigation, and making the action
results available to the JSP/XSP that gets loaded next.  Struts is of
course one option (though I'm looking at others, including developing my
own).

Would anyone like to share any specific experience integrating Cocoon page
generation with a "model-2"ish UI framework, sitting nicely on top of an
EJB base?

Also, what's the latest word on the Cocoon 2 release?  It sounds like it
will be a lot nicer...is it still estimated to be done in December?

Thanks all,
Eric