cocoon-users mailing list archives

From m.homei...@devote.nl
Subject Exception handling and XObject
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:45:37 GMT
I am using XObjects to generate data from EJB calls into XML documents.
This process can result in different exceptions, however the toDom method
in the XObject interface does not declare any errors.

In other classes I choose to pass every exception to the XSP page and
handle it there.
If I want to achieve this in the toDom method, this means creating a
descendant of RuntimeException and wrapping my original exception with it.
This way I can throw the wrapped exception and handle it in XSP.

This seems like a diry workaround. Does anybody have another solution?

TIA
Michael Homeijer