cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: JavaBean returning HTML and XSP
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 21:27:30 GMT
> >I was expecting that "Hello to you" should come out in bold?
>
> xsp:expr converts a string to a literal, unparsed text node. If you want to
> create XML in a bean, you should ideally return DOM objects or XObjects

Has anyone done a bean with a toSAX() method (for Cocoon2) already?
toDOM() was discussed before. I don't really understand how
XObject integrates in this big picture. I peeked at the w3c docs
but still don't know. Robin could you give a short explanation, please :)

> (this is more efficient and also gets checked more at compile-time and may
> give more informative runtime errors). Less ideally, you can use
> <util:include-expr> instead of <xsp:expr> (you must declare the util
> namespace in the xsp:page element if you do).

But how can you use this (<util:include-expr>) when you want to return
the whole fragment?
--
Torsten