cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: cocoon.properties on windows
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:45:53 GMT
I run my cocoon exactly the same way: tomcat in one tree and my dev webapp
somewhere else.

So, I'm not sure I'm answering your question exactly (I'm batting around 0%
on answering the right questions these days) but I've noticed a couple of
things with Tomcat on Windows:

- I need multiple cocoon.properties, essentially one per WebApp, sorry.
- they should be in the WEB-INF folder instead, otherwise they're readable
via the web (e.g. tomcat serves them right up)

So, my setup is the following:

WEB.XML:
         <servlet>
          <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
          <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
          <init-param>
           <param-name>properties</param-name>
           <param-value>
            WEB-INF/cocoon.properties <!-- Nests the properties file -->
           </param-value>
          </init-param>
         </servlet>

         <servlet-mapping>
          <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
          <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
         </servlet-mapping>

I don't understand what you meant by longer paths, so I offer those
observations instead :-)

Per.