cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gabi Brysch" <bry...@inxnet.de>
Subject AW: sources of org/apache/turbine/util/db/pool ???
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 18:12:09 GMT

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Donald Ball [mailto:balld@webslingerZ.com]
Gesendet: Thursday, October 05, 2000 7:48 PM
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Re: sources of org/apache/turbine/util/db/pool ???

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Gabi Brysch wrote:

> hi,
>
> [tomcat3.1, cocoon1.8 on win2000]
>
> where can i find the sources of the Adapters of the DB-drivers ???
>
> because i can't use the 'sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver' anymore since i've
> upgrated
> cocoon 1.7.4 to 1.8
>
> i think i've to write my own adapter for this driver - is that right ??
>
> so for that i like to have a look how the other adapters work.
>
> or is there an other possiblity to use this driver without an adapter ???

-you don't have to use connection pooling. you probably don't even want to
-in this case. in fact, you really don't want to be using jdbc-odbc bridge
-in a production environment, but that's your choice.
- donald

hi,

to use this odbc:jdbc:bridge is just for some first trials, where the
database interaction isn't the main point at the moment, later on we will
not work with this driver nor with the MSAccess-DB neither - but thanks.

but one question i still have

where can i find the sources i mentioned above ???

thanks, gabi