cocoon-users mailing list archives

From James.Aggrey-Orle...@ubsw.com
Subject RE: Strange error with dynamic XSL
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:55:13 GMT
Check the java generated in the repository dir (specified in
cocoon.properties)

That will give u a clue...

-----Original Message-----
From: gasper
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 2:53 PM
To: cocoon-users
Cc: gasper
Subject: FW: Strange error with dynamic XSL

Hello

I have been following the discusion for the dynamic XSL generation and
was
trying to do it. But I have encountered an error with the page
compilation.

My XSP code is starting like this:

<xsp:logic>
<![CDATA[
    String s=request.getParameter("action");

    if ((s==null) || (s.equals("insert"))) {
]]>
      <xsp:pi target="xml-stylesheet">href="xsl/html/product.xsl"
type="text/xsl"</xsp:pi>
      <xsp:pi target="xml-stylesheet">href="xsl/wml/product.xsl"
type="text/xsl" media="wap"</xsp:pi>
<![CDATA[
    } else if (s.equals("edit")) {
]]>
      <xsp:pi target="xml-stylesheet">href="xsl/html/productu.xsl"
type="text/xsl"</xsp:pi>
      <xsp:pi target="xml-stylesheet">href="xsl/wml/productu.xsl"
type="text/xsl" media="wap"</xsp:pi>
<![CDATA[
    } else if (s.equals("add")) {
]]>
      <xsp:pi target="xml-stylesheet">href="xsl/html/producti.xsl"
type="text/xsl"</xsp:pi>
      <xsp:pi target="xml-stylesheet">href="xsl/wml/producti.xsl"
type="text/xsl" media="wap"</xsp:pi>
<![CDATA[
    }
]]>

The error I get is:

java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for
_product.java

36: Type expected.

if ((s==null) || (s.equals("insert"))) {

^ 1 error

Can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.

Gasper