cocoon-users mailing list archives

From James.Aggrey-Orle...@ubsw.com
Subject RE: RE: Not so newbie...still stumped (XSP Qu.)
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:14:09 GMT
sudheendra,

Once again, u're the man...

we use the xml tag but i moved VD.xml to VD.xsp
It worked.....

So then i went on to my main problem:-

The site i really want the dynamic xml from has the following URL:-
http://myserver:8080/search97securecgi/s97_cgi?Action=Search&SearchType=
next&ResultTemplate=MetaRetrieval.hts&Collection=Credit&ResultStart=0&Re
sultCount=200&SortOrder=desc&SortField=dateview

so:-
1) encoded the url by hand (swap & for &)
<xsp:page language="java"
        xmlns:util="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Util">

<page>
      <util:uri-include>
      <util:href>formEncode("http.........")</util:href>
      </util:uri-include>
</page>
</xsp:page>

did not work to encode the url

2) i think i need to login to the web server...i tried using
"http://username:password@server:port/....."  this does not work...it
seems to think username is the server...how do i do this another way?

Rgds & thx,
James