cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Hint for Cocoon and Corba ?
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:18:32 GMT
"Jean Louis FEREY" <jlferey@tf1.fr> wrote:
>(sorry in advance for my "rookie question")

No problem. It's not a very FAQ , which makes a change! :)

>My Corba ORB is Visibroker, I want to make a corba client in XSP (with
>xsp:logic).
>
>In the past, I made that with a servlet and I put the initialization of the
>orb [org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init()] in the init method of my servlet. I done
>that because I wanted to init the ORB only one time during the life of my
>servlet.
>
>I don't know how to do the same thing with cocoon and XSP. Do I have to
>make a producer ? and How ?

No, you don't have to make a producer. There are several ways to do
once-only code in XSP, the simplest is

<xsp:logic>
{
   // your code here
}
</xsp:logic>

but make sure to put this OUTSIDE your page root element but inside
<xsp:page>.

This is what's known as an "instance initializer".