cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon works on port 8080 but not on 80
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:43:50 GMT
dima <dima@hyperfluid.com> wrote:
>Add the following into your tomcat.conf:
>
>AddType text/xml .xml
>AddHanlder jserv-servlet .xml
>
>Since all requests are now being wrapped up through Apache you've got to
>tell it to associate these extensions (i.e. .jsp and .xml) with Tomcat. So
>that Apache passes them on for further processing rather than stops there.

That's how I thought it should be, but the current Cocoon install
instructions for Tomcat (which I didn't write) seem to map the whole webapp
through to Tomcat, which is inefficient since Apache is faster. But correct
me if I'm wrong - I don't know much about configuring Apache.

Anyway, can someone post a modified install document showing the KNOWN
WORKING configuration lines which just map .xml files and servlets to
Tomcat, nothing else - I will then update the documentation (but not the
install cases because I don't want to touch them for fear of introducing
subtle bugs). Maybe just what Dima said is enough and those
tomcat-apache.conf lines specified in the current install instructions can
be ignored (I think the WEB-INF thing is redundant because Tomcat does that
anyway). As I say I don't know much about it.