cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Purging cache
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 18:31:14 GMT
Edward Wolpert <edward@methodsystems.com> wrote:
>Let me add... also, if a page isn't hit for, say, 24 hours, it'd be nice
>to 'expire' cache items... especially for large sites. (Though I don't
>know how much of a problem this really is, but it would seem to make
>sense.)

Cocoon will drop items from its cache (least-recently-used first I think)
when memory drops below limits specified in cocoon.properties. This is
theoretically more efficient than dropping them whenever they get old,
because you may not need to drop them.

I think that the default settings will not work well for all machines. The
default settings specify wait until 60Mb is used (this appears to override
the free memory setting), which may cause OutOfMemoryErrors after a lot of
page accesses on machines with less than 128Mb RAM.

Maybe these configs need a rethink and documentation.