cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Martin Bouman <M.Bou...@telecats.nl>
Subject XML and SQL
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 10:05:16 GMT
Dear Sir / Madam,

Hopefully I have sent this mail to the correct mailinglist.

At this moment we are using Cocoon 1.8 and my company would like me to query
a MS Access database from within an XML-file (which will be transformed to
HTML, WML or VXML by means of XSL).

1.
I searched the Cocoonsite and found two topcics: SQL XSP TagLib and SQL
Connection Pool.
Can I use these to achieve the above?

2.
Where exactly can I download the jdbc-odbc driver for MS Access for SQL XSP
/ SQL Conn. Pool? I have found
http://industry.java.sun.com/products/jdbc/drivers at Sun, but I do not know
wich one (from which company) to download and if I must use one of these.

3.
Do I have to use SQL Connection Pool or is SQL XSP enough? SQL Conn. Pool
seems a little bit difficult with all that Java in it.

I am looking forward to a reaction!

Martin Bouman
TeleCats BV