cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christof Schneider" <Christof_Schnei...@gmx.de>
Subject document() - function
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2000 22:11:35 GMT
[NT2000] [TOMCAT 3.1] [Cocoon 1.8]

I have searched the threads but found no answer for my problem:

<xsl:variable name="m" select="document('month.xml')"/>

should create a variable $m with a nodeset from the month.xml file. From my
understanding the month.xml file is located relative to the stylesheet
document, that is here in the same directory.

I also tried the following:

<xsl:variable name="m" select="document('./month.xml')"/>
<xsl:variable name="m"
select="document('http://localhost:8080/path-to-project/month.xml')"/>

The result is always the same:

XSL Warning: Can not load requested doc:
file:E:/.../correct-path-to-fil/.../month.xml
Does it matter that I have a space in the path (.../Apache
Group/Jakarta-Tomcat/...) ?

And here is month.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>  // I left it and no change!

<MonthEnumeration>
	<Month ordinal=1>Januar</Month>
	<Month ordinal=2>Februar</Month>
	<Month ordinal=3>M&#288rz</Month>
	<Month ordinal=4>April</Month>
	<Month ordinal=5>Mai</Month>
	<Month ordinal=6>Juni>/Month>
	<Month ordinal=7>Juli</Month>
	<Month ordinal=8>August</Month>
	<Month ordinal=9>September</Month>
	<Month ordinal=10>Oktober</Month>
	<Month ordinal=11>November</Month>
	<Month ordinal=12>Dezember</Month>
</MonthEnumeration>

What am I doing wrong? How does it work? I see no error according to
Michael Kay's description of the document()- function.

Any help appreciated! TIA.

- Christof