cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Patrick van Kann <patr...@fortune-cookie.com>
Subject Re: xincluding <esql parameters.
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:58:03 GMT
 >At 17:06 30/10/2000 +0000, you wrote:
 >There is an easier way which is also more efficient:
 >
 >http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/connection-pool.html

Sorry to have wasted so many people's time, but the reason I am not using
connection pooling at the moment is because I am compelled to use MS SQL
Server 7.0 (not my choice) which isn't supported by Turbine in Cocoon 1.8.

I am currently working on either integrating Turbine 2.0 (which supports MS
SQL) with Cocoon 1.8 OR tricking the Cocoon 1.8 Turbine combo to connection
pool with MS SQL server (either using the inet software TDS driver or using
the Sybase TDS Driver. I believe that Sybase and MSSQL are the same...
certainly the DBAdaptor written in the current version of T.D.K simply
subclasses the Sybase DBAdaptor). However, this isn't as easy as it sounds =]

I thought it was off topic so I didn't mention it, but has anyone got SQL
Server 7.0 working with Cocoon/Turbine? It works fine with the esql logic
sheet, but with the problem I originally stated.

So until I get this working I need an alternative to writing the connection
parameters into every page, hence <xincludes... whew!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Patrick