cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: MVC, Struts and Cocoon (was: We need a forms taglib)
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:30:32 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> >> Basically I have stuff to handle user input via
> >> HTML forms and processing of the input via request parameters. Then I have
> >> definition files, which act a bit like schemas. My idea was that
> >> developers would create definition files (and edit them via fp) and the
> >> rest (forms and processing) would automatically be set up by the taglib.
> >> The whole thing could be called a content management system, it would
> >> allow everything to be edited via fp.
>
> Sounds very interesting.
>
> Can we see it working? This kind of thing with XSchema is a way off IMHO.

Well, you can come to my office and I'll show you ;-)

The question, which I tried to get an answer to, was: is it worth taking
all the distributed bits of code, cleaning it up and putting it in a
centralized taglib? Currently it's a mess of code unsuitable for
publishing. Since I will be one of the last guys on this list to switch
to cocoon2, if I wrote a cocoon1 taglib now, it would have to wait very
long to get ported to cocoon2. So it's better to create something from
scratch for cocoon2.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring