cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: extending ProducerFromFile functionality
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:31:39 GMT
Chris Meyer wrote:

> For instance, let's say I'm trying to protect a document by requiring
> the user to log in first.

The auth taglib does this. Download it under
http://ulim.cocoonhost.com/auth.tar.gz

> The user may request something like 'http://mysite.com/cocoon/protected.html'.
>
> I can check to see whether they've logged in and then 'redirect' them
> to a login page if they haven't. But this isn't a wholly satisfying
> solution for many reasons.

Please list a few. I've successfully used the auth taglib for exactly
this application and it works very well in my case. If you have any
suggestions on how to improve it, I'd be grateful to hear them.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung