cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ross Burton <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Re: GIF
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:33:48 GMT
Gergely Imre wrote:

> > Sorry, no.  There is code to generate JPEGs, but the algorithm
> > for GIF compression (LZW) is patented and there is a $5000 license
> > for it's use.  I am hoping Sun pay the fee and include a codec
> > in the new Image I/O API, but that may be wishfull thinking!
>
> The JPEG is fine for me ;) Can you tell me, where an I find some
> examples?

What do you want to generate the images from?  There is code in the
Cocoon 2 branch for rasterising a SVG to an image, and code in Stylebook
(xml-stylebook module) for generating custom text labels (used all over
the xml.apache.org for the headers and menu).  Unfortunately I don't
know of anything specific for C1, only C2.

Ross Burton