cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Fleischman <sflei...@rsn.hp.com>
Subject Re: PHP and XML
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:03:36 GMT
You can use the xml functions in PHP. This would not involve Cocoon at
all. However, instead of processing with XSL you would have to to
the transformation with PHP code by writing some callback functions.
Alternatively, there is an XSL library for PHP in development:
http://p4lib.hk-go.to/. I have done the first approach but not the
second.  The first approach, writing PHP code to do transformations,
is more difficult in some ways than XSL - if you want mixed text and
markup but processes the file alot faster than Cocoon.  Also, no
validation with DTDs.

Stephen Fleischman