cocoon-users mailing list archives

From dima <d...@hyperfluid.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon works on port 8080 but not on 80
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:21:59 GMT

Hi Robin,
 that's the setup that certainly works for Cocoon 1.7.4+ (but clearly
not C2) with Tomcat 3.1 (Tomcat 4.0 too, presumably) and Apache 1.3.12
using Jserv1.1.2 module as a bridge (I am sure mod_jk isn't much
different).

In tomcat.conf these must be present :

######## all jsp files go to Tomcat ############
AddType text/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

######## all xml files go to Tomcat ############
AddTyle text/xml .xml
AddHanlder jserv-servlet .xml

######### plus the zone ###############
ApJservMount default /root
ApJServMout  /servlet /root

<Location /WEB-INF>
	AllowOverride None
	Deny from all
</Location>
-----------------------
better still, also add WEB-INF* into the list of IndexIgnore in
httpd.conf

in Context's web.xml:

all standard, just the mapping has to be changed:

<servlet-mapping>
	<servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
	<url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
could also add index.xml into global Tomcat web.xml as:

<welcome-file>
	index.xml
</welcome-file>

That's about it :)