cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: LDAP taglib password?
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 16:40:31 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Ugo Cei wrote:
> >
> > Please consider using the DSML namespace to represent LDAP entries in
> > XML (http://www.dsml.org).
>
> Do you think DSML should be the default markup? I rather like the
> simplicity of the current default. OTOH, DSML->HTML stylesheets are more
> reusable, so simplicity of an intermediate XML format shouldn't be too big
> an issue.

I do no personally like DSML very much, but since it is at least some
form of pseudo-standard and it doesn't seem to me that the current
default offers anything more, I just wanted to present a possible
alternative.

While I'm on this topic, what I would really like to see is a taglib to
map LDAP entries to XML, preserving the hierarchical nature of LDAP,
something like this:

<entry dn="dc=mycompany,dc=com">
  <attribute name="dc">cbim</attribute>
  <!-- other attributes ...-->

  <entry dn="ou=accounting">
  </entry>

  <entry dn="ou=engineering,dc=mycompany,dc=com">

    <entry dn="cn=John Doe,ou=engineering,dc=mycompany,dc=com">
    </entry>

  </entry>

</entry>

What do you think?