cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ian R. Brandt" <ibra...@genecoop.com>
Subject Re: XSP and JSP Taglib's
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 19:09:01 GMT

Thanks for the response Russ,

Over the weekend I looked into seeing if JSP taglibs could be directly
called from XSP, as opposed to being included via post-processing step.
I am understanding that in XSP the page logic is isolated from directly
accessing the producer such that an XSP server has the freedom to
implement the producer in any way it chooses.  This creates a problem if
one wants to call a custom JSP action which has code that is intended to
access it's servlet.  I notice that in XSP there are tags that allow
access to the producer via a wrapper.  I am now going to try to
understand if these wrappers expose enough functionality such that they
could handle all the requests that JSP logic might require.  I was
hoping that maybe someone who's ahead of me in their understanding of
XSP might be able to have some feedback on all of this.  Do others see a
strong need to allow the direct use of JSP custom tags in XSP's?

Thanks,

Ian