cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Please stop posting unrelated questions
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2000 11:11:43 GMT
On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 03:52:53PM -0700, Drasko Kokic wrote:
> actually some times i wish i could have a newsgroup
> kind of access to this mailing list ... i wonder why
> would transition to the newsgroup make any negative
> impact on the quality of the information being
> brought?!

Our company actually does this internally - all Cocoon
e-mails are mapped onto internal newsgroups (lists.cocoon.dev
and lists.cocoon.users, as it happens) so that employees can
use scoring and all that jazz to read it. What we *haven't* got
going yet is the gateway going the other direction, so they
have to reply as e-mails rather than to the group.

If anyone wants details on this, mail me off list, and I'll
explain it a bit better. (don't want to drag this even further
off topic).

Paul

Luminas Ltd.