cocoon-users mailing list archives

From lfili...@emyr.net (Luca Filipozzi)
Subject Re: STRUTS and Cocoon (was JSP vs. Cocoon for Website)
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 05:06:54 GMT
On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 09:54:51PM -0700, Chris Meyer wrote:
> >One configuration I am using is like this.
> >
> >ejb container: Inprise Application Server 4.1
> >servlet/jsp container: Resin 1.2
> >web publishing framework: Cocoon 1.8 with STRUTS
> >
> >In my case the jsp's produce xml and are controlled by a STRUTS controller
> >servlet. The xml served up by Cocoon to produce WML,HTML,and PDF.
> >
> >STRUTS is a great way to interact with forms. It implements a MVC

> Can you describe in detail how you are using STRUTS with Cocoon?

Yes, please!! I'm also interested in getting some more details on how you got
the various components working together.

Personally, I'm considering using Tomcat for my servlet container and JBoss for
my ejb container (www.jboss.org). Tomcat and EJB are released under DFSG-free
licenses, and that's important to me.

Luca
--
Luca Filipozzi
[dpkg] We are the apt. Resistance is futile. You will be packaged.