cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tako Molanus <molan...@yahoo.com>
Subject ESQL problem: no results
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:05:58 GMT
Hi there,

I just started experimenting with the ESQL stuff
(which from the comments I have seen must be very
good) but I haven't been able to get any results from
the database yet.
The connection is there (at least, I receive no
error).
I have included my code below.
What I do notice is that in de resulting .java file no
call to ExecuteQuery is made, the select statement is
only passed to document.createTextNode. Is this
correct?
Anyway, the result is the printing of the database
information on the screen (connection used, driver
used, username, password, select statements and text
"no results were found").

I use Cocoon1.8.

Can anyone help me with this?

Tako

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="esqltest.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<xsp:page
  language="java"
  xmlns:esql="http://www.apache.org/SQL/v2"

<page>

<esql:execute-query>

<esql:driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</esql:driver>

<esql:dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@blackadder:1521:ORCL</esql:dburl>
  <esql:username>test</esql:username>
  <esql:password>test</esql:password>
  <esql:query>select * from werknemer</esql:query>
  <esql:results>
    <werknemer>
    <id><esql:get-string column="id"/></id>
    <achternaam><esql:get-string
column="achternaam"/></achternaam>
    </werknemer>
  </esql:results>
  <esql:no-results>
    <error>no results were found</error>
  </esql:no-results>
  <esql:error-results>
    <message><esql:get-message/></message>
    <stacktrace><esql:get-stacktrace/></stacktrace>
  </esql:error-results>
</esql:execute-query>

</page>

</xsp:page>