cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Cordes <mcord...@maine.edu>
Subject HttpSession object and XSP pages
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:24:18 GMT
Hello all.

Is there any reason why creating a session in 1 xsp page ala

	session = request.getSession( true );

works, but in a different page ( that the first one refers to )
doing:

	session = request.getSession( false );

always returns null? Or

	session = request.getSession( true );

in the second page returns a different session object w/ a different
session id.

I guess what I'm asking is, does the session persist between xsp pages
that are within the same context?  I'm pretty sure it should.  Anyone
have any problems with this and Tomcat-3.1? Is there anything special
I need in my web.xml to allow xsp pages to share a session with each other?

The session works fine so long as I refer to 1 page ( e.g. I can store
data, leave the page and return and the data remains ), but if I redirect
( response.sendRedirect( ... ) to a new page and try to get the same
session info it is either null or a new object.

Any ideas?

-Matt