cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce G. Robertson" <brobert...@mta.ca>
Subject cocoon2 webapps
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:57:20 GMT
Gang:

I've now got Cocoon 2 running, which is fantastic because I need to
write some transformers/processors, and I didn't want to do it against
the soon-to-be-old API. For the record, I found that I needed to compile
tomcat 4 from CVS, but use the most recent package of Cocoon2, and not
the CVS, due to the '/' null-pointer issue. (Though elsewhere on this
list a patch has been posted.)

I have some general questions about the organization of a webapp
under tomcat4 and cocoon2. How would people recommend that multiple
cocoon2 webapps be organized under tomcat4? Should each cocoon webapp
include the WEB-INF/lib/*.jars that are needed for such things? And
within each cocoon2 webapp, is it recommended that we follow the style
of the *.war given, with docs, resources, etc. separated out? What do
recommendations do people have for the new art of Cocoon2 site
management?

Yrs,

--
Bruce Robertson, Dept. of Classics, Mount Allison University
http://www.mta.ca/faculty/humanities/classics/Robertson/