cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Drasko Kokic <drasko_ko...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon works on port 8080 but not on 80
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2000 11:27:35 GMT

--- Bruce Altner <baltner@hq.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I've now installed Cocoon (1.7.4) on two NT boxes
> and in both cases it
> works fine under Tomcat 3.0 using port 8080 but when
> I start Apache web
> server and try to look at the sample pages the raw
> xml appears...somehow
> the configuration parameter that tells the server to
> send the file to
> cocoon for processing isn't set right. Can anyone
> tell me what I might be
> missing?
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce Altner

I guess the secret lies under
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/install.html

<PART_OF_INSTALLING_COCOON>
Next, if using Apache with Tomcat (which is
recommended on a production server, since Tomcat
standalone is not yet as efficient or robust - Apache
is far more mature!) we need to tell Apache to forward
the same partial pathnames to Tomcat.
This is done by editing the tomcat .conf file (it's
called tomcat-apache.conf if you're using Tomcat 3.1
and Apache 1.3.12) in your Apache setup. Add the
following lines:

Alias /cocoon $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon
<Directory "$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /cocoon /cocoon
<Location /cocoon/WEB-INF/ >
AllowOverride None
deny from all
</Location>

This tells Apache to direct requests that come in
under that partial path "/cocoon" to the directory
under Tomcat ($TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon).
</PART_OF_INSTALLING_COCOON>

HTH

=====
Drasko