cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mario J. Gaspar da Silva" <...@di.fc.ul.pt>
Subject evaluation of xsp:expr elements within esql
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:55:39 GMT

A problem I detected with esql is that it doesn't enable me to build sql
queries in a java logic section and then pass them to an embedded esql element.

<xsp:logic>

String foo = New String ("Select " + etc etc )

<esql:execute-query>

...<esql:query> <xsp:expr> foo </xsp:expr> </esql-query>

</esql:execute-query>
</xsp:logic>

this won't work because "esql:execute-query" triggers in esql.xsl the
generation of a method call invocation, which will cause xsp:expr foo to
generate java code to be evaluated out of scope. As a result, queries like
this won't compile.

--m

(with the sql taglib, however, I don't experience this problem).