cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Greg Gallagher <ggal...@foc.com>
Subject XML Editor w/ Cocoon
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 20:21:16 GMT
Hello,

   I'm trying to come up with a web publishing solution for my
company's intranet site using the least amount of resources.  Cocoon
was pretty attractive in that it was OpenSource and pretty damn cool.
I've installed it and been playing with it and basically I'm drooling
over it.  However, most if not 99.999% of the users who will be
inputing content/markup will not be able to deal with the markup
directly.  They _need_ some sort of an XML editor which allows them to
worry about structure and content first, and markup last.
   I've been researching various companies and I'd like to use a pretty
frontend for the users, such as Arbortext, to create the XML and to
use Cocoon/Apache/Jakarta to do the publishing.  In other words,
Cocoon meets with my publishing needs but doesn't really cover the
editing/creation of the XML and I couldn't really feed it Arbortext
XML without doing a lot of work on XSL's..

   What solutions are people out there using, from client to web, for
generating the content/markup/styles that Cocoon is happy with?  Note:
while I'm quite happy to use Emacs with PSGML mode my average user
will be terrified with such a solution.  I need something that is easy
for people to regurgitate a LOT of documentation into and make it
publish to the web, and possibly paper at some time.

thanks for any input.. I'm still heavily getting into this and I
apologize if such a question has been asked before on this list.  I
couldn't find an easy way to search the archives :/

thanks!!

--
Greg Gallagher
UNIX Systems Administrator