cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ross.bur...@mail.com
Subject RE: Re: document(), xinclude or what ?
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 16:01:00 GMT

> You need to do both together.
> <xsl:apply-templates select="document('../menu.xml')"/>
> I still don't fully understand it myself!

It took Michael Kay's XSLT Programmers Reference for me to understand
this too!  Excellent book, btw.

Apply templates looks at the node-set returned by select="..."
to find a template to use.  This node-set is not a pointer to
a node in the current document, but an actual set of nodes.
The document function returns a set of nodes...

Well, that's how I think it works.  Suddenly many usefull constructs
popped to mind...

Of course, I may be wrong!  :-)

Ross Burton

-----