cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Jones" <sc...@izio.com>
Subject Inconsistent Responses from Dynamic FOP Page?
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:42:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm generating a dynamic PDF file using a namespace taglib, and a XSL
transform using FOP.  However, I am struggling because I cannot seem to get
my PDF get generated consistently...  Oftentimes, a request from the browser
will time-out, but at other times, it works perfectly.  I have found no
pattern as to when it fails...  I have tried each of the Cocoon FAQ
suggestions for getting IE to work correctly with FOP generated PDFs, but
this problem is plaguing every browser that I have (and creating a servlet
and/or changing the file extension to ".pdf" has not helped with the
consistency).  Thanks for any
suggestions that anyone might have...

I am using Cocoon 1.8, Tomcat 3.2 b6, FOP 0.13

Thanks for taking a look!

-Scott

I've got snippets of each of my files listed below:

test.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?xml-logicsheet href="test.xsp.xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="test.fo.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<xsp:page
 xmlns:test="http://www.mydomainname.com/test"

 <page>
    <title>Title Here</title>
    <section header="Section 1">
        <!-- I've got several tags that grab specific info from a
database -->
        <test:goGetSomeDatabaseInfo/>
        Plus I've got content in here...
    </section>
 </page>
</xsp:page>

test.xsp.xsl (Tag Library)
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
   xmlns:test="http://www.mydomainname.com/test"

    <xsl:template match="xsp:page">
        <xsp:page>
            <xsl:apply-templates select="@*" />
           <xsl:apply-templates />
        </xsp:page>
    </xsl:template>

     <xsl:template match="@*|*|text()|processing-instruction()">
        <xsl:copy>
           <xsl:apply-templates
select="@*|*|text()|processing-instruction()"/>
        </xsl:copy>
     </xsl:template>

     <xsl:template match="test:goGetSomeDatabaseInfo">
         <xsp:expr>
               . . . . .
        </xsp:expr>
    </xsl:template>
    <!-- and a whole bunch more tags -->

</xsl:stylesheet>

test.fo.xsl
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
    <xsl:template match="page">
        <xsl:processing-instruction name="cocoon-format">
            type="text/xslfo"
        </xsl:processing-instruction>
            <fo:layout-master-set>
                <fo:simple-page-master
                    page-master-name="one"
                    page-width="8.5in"
                    page-height="11in"
                    margin-top="0.5in"
                    margin-bottom="0.5in"
                    margin-left="0.5in"
                    margin-right="0.5in">
                    <fo:region-before extent="1in"/>
                    <fo:region-body
                    margin-top="0.5in"
                        margin-bottom="0.5in"
                        margin-right="0.5in"
                        margin-left="0.5in"/>
                    <fo:region-after extent="0.5in"/>
                </fo:simple-page-master>
            </fo:layout-master-set>
            <fo:page-sequence>
                <fo:sequence-specification>
                    <fo:sequence-specifier-repeating
                        page-master-first="one"
                        page-master-repeating="one"/>
                </fo:sequence-specification>
                <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-after">
                    <fo:block text-align="end">
                        <fo:inline-graphic

href="file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/images/Logo1.gif"
                            height="1cm"
                            width="2cm"/>
                    </fo:block>
                </fo:static-content>
                <fo:flow>
                    <fo:block text-align="start">
                        <fo:inline-graphic

href="file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/images/titleLogo.gif"
                            width="6cm"
                            height="2cm"/>
                    </fo:block>
                    <xsl:apply-templates/>
                </fo:flow>
            </fo:page-sequence>
        </fo:root>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="title">
        <fo:block font-size="18pt"
            font-family="sans-serif"
            text-align-last="centered"
            space-before.optimum="18pt">
            <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </fo:block>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="p">
        <fo:block font-size="10pt"
            font-family="sans-serif"
            text-align-last="justify"
            space-before.optimum="12pt">
            <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </fo:block>
    </xsl:template>

    <!-- and a bunch more formatting definitions here --->

</xsl:stylesheet>