cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: Attribute order
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 13:36:39 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Verhage" <peter@ibuildings.nl>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 9:33 AM
Subject: Attribute order

> I have an xml page which get transformed into a html document (with a
> xslt).
> But because of the way Cocoon (Xerces really...) handles the order of
> attributes the
> attributes of a meta tag get ordered wrong, so that it does not work
> anymore (at least not in Netscape, did not try Explorer).
>
> The input is:
>
> The output is:

Actually, this has to do with going through Xalan.  There is no real
order for the attributes as in XML it doesn't matter--they are implemented
with something like a Hashtable.

I have successfully placed all my meta tags in the XSLT sheet, and they
get generated correctly.  The problem comes when you use any of the
following methods to generate attributes:

<xsp:attribute name="foo">bar</xsp:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="bar">baz</xsl:attribute>

However if you use the following construct in your XSLT it should work:

<xsl:template select="root-element">
    <head>
      <xsl:if test="however you mark it">
      </xsl:if>