cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "OD" ...@feersumendjinns.com>
Subject Re: XSP Built in Objects -- undefined variable or class name?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:54:03 GMT
RE: XSP Built in Objects -- undefined variable or class name?Hi,

Sorry not much time. Quick answer. Use the built in objects from you documents root element...
See below and the XSP docs, look for "Class Level Logic" section.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- edited with XML Spy v3.0.7 NT (http://www.xmlspy.com) by Joey Carr (Canopy Systems)
-->
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="test.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core" language="java">

        <xsp:structure>
          <xsp:include>java.text.SimpleDateFormat</xsp:include>
        </xsp:structure>

 <xsp:logic>
 <!-- Class Level Logic !-->
                <![CDATA[
                String myDate = new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("EEE, MMM d, yyyy").format(new
Date());
                ]]>
        </xsp:logic>

        <document>
         <xsp:logic>
                <![CDATA[
                String myName = request.getParameter("name");
                ]]>
         </xsp:logic>

                <title>Case Management Consent Form</title>
                <para>
                        <xsp:expr>myDate</xsp:expr>
                </para>
                <para>To assure appropriate medical case management services, I, <xsp:expr>myName</xsp:expr>
authorize any physician, hospital, or other professional involved in my treatment to disclose
medical, hospital, vocational, or related information. I authorize that the information may
be shared with other professionals, agancies, or insurance companies who may be involved in
the provision or payment of necessary services. I authorize the sharing of information via
paper, fax or secured Internet communication.     </para>

                <para>A copy of this authorization may be accpted, if necessary.</para>

                <label>Signed</label>
                <label>Guardian</label>
                <label>Witness</label>
        </document>