cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "beichuang" <beichu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ESQL & Attributes: (a little bug)
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:09:49 GMT
Hello, Kevin and Frederic:

Thank you all for your help, I made it work now, but I find another little
bug, that the value can only be used once. for example:

        <ID>
                 <xsp:attribute name="first_name">
                  <esql:get-string column="First_Name_As_Attribute"/>
                 </xsp:attribute>
                 <esql:get-string column="Fast_Name"/>

         </ID>

         <FN>
                <esql:get-string column="last_name"/>
         </FN>

Here above, the column of database "last_name" are used twice, then only one
record can be retrieve or it stops after get the first record.

So it means if you want a field used as a attribute and at the same time a
node or refer it again, it will fail, I think the way is to save it to a
value the first time visit it, and later just refer to the variable, Am I
right? However, I am not sure how to code as I said above. can you implement
it with xsp codes?

Thanks again.