cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: xsp:expr inside xsl:variable
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:00:07 GMT
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Matthew Smith wrote:

> This is in a logic sheet:
> <xsl:variable
> name="user"><xsp:expr>request.getParameter("user")</xsp:expr></xsl:variable>
>
> The value of $user then becomes 'request.getParameter("user")'.  How do I
> assign an XSL variable the value of an XSP expression?  I realize I could
> just use an xsl parameter in this case, but I'm aiming for something else.

you can't, it's impossible. you can't set a variable in a logicsheet with
the value of a request-time expression, at least not in the fashion in
which you're trying it here. remember, logicsheets are applied and
resolved before any request-time information is available. look, i just
wrote a huge message detailing the subtleties of writing logicsheets a few
days ago - do a search for get-nested-content subject line in the
archives. i'm not about to retype it all. those of you who've expressed an
interest in helping write docs, i think that message would be a good place
to start.

- donald