cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: xinclude syntax changed?
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 18:37:00 GMT
On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> I just upgraded from cocoon 1.7.5 to 1.8 and realized
> my xinclude processing seems not to work anymore.
>
> Is the syntax <xinclude:include parse="xml" href="test.xml"/>
> not valid anymore? I've looked into the examples and found
> <include xinclude:parse="xml" xinclude:href="test.xml"/>
> which seems to work.

right, this is in the changelog - i upgraded the xinclude processor to
conform to the latest working draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude). note
that the draft contains this statement:

While the WG has decided to publish this working draft, outstanding issues
remain as noted in the draft. Especially note the change from an
element-based syntax to an attribute-based syntax. This change is being
revisited by the WG and feedback is specifically solicited on this issue.

Comments on this document should be sent to
www-xml-xinclude-comments@w3.org , which is publicly archived. While we
welcome implementation experience reports, the XML Core Working Group will
not allow early implementation to constrain its ability to make changes to
this specification prior to final release.

so if you have any comments on the xinclude syntax, you know where to go.

- donald