cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Simple SQL and XSP problem..
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 18:54:39 GMT
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Richard Turner wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am relatively new to Cocoon, but I can see that can do everything I
> need. I've got the SQL connection made to a postgres server and results
> coming back. (BTW is there a postgres schema for the example databases
> ?) What I want is to do is format the results from the SQL query with a
> XSL sheet. When I add the xsl-stylesheet tag, the HTML produced shows
> the original query code rather than the results.  What do I need to do
> in order to apply formatting to  the esql.xml or taglib.xml examples
> (Taglib version below).  Is there an example anywhere for this as I'm
> sure that everyone would want to do this at some stage.

i'm a little unclear on what your problem is. if it's that the query
doesn't even execute, then an exception occured, i bet. try adding a
sql:password element, even though it's probably not strictly necessary for
your setup. if your page isn't getting an xslt processor pass, you need to
add a <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?> pi. for more on that, read the docs.

- donald