cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: What now? (was: another SQL and XSP question)
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:23:12 GMT
On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Drasko Kokic wrote:

> The reason I went for this endevour was the suggestion
> to pick up the ESQL stuff.  Now, I see that there is
> NO esql directory and definetly NO esql documentation.
>  I spotted the esql.xml example being accompanied with
> almost a year old Readme file.

[balld@localhost xml-cocoon]$ find . -name esql.\*
./src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/sql/esql.xsl
./samples/sql/esql.xml

that's all the documentation there is right now. however, if you'll
actually look in those files, you'll find that the sample is quite
thorough and the stylesheet _is_ documented. you could also do worse than
to search for esql in the mailing list archive.

> Am I just spoiled or there is a space for improvment
> here?!

both. i understand your frustration, but i'm just a guy with a day job
too, you know. robin's trying to figure out how to generate a nice HTML
page of my xspdoc documentation, but also he's just a guy with a day job.

note that the esql namespace is _explicitly_ not finalized yet. i reserve
the right to change it at any time. i don't anticipiate any major changes
at this point, but i'm hopefully going to get together with matt sergeant
and other interested parties at apachecon and finalize the namespace then.

- donald