cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: Aha! got it! 64k limit(was: new version of the sql logicsheetunder development)
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 17:34:35 GMT
On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > Only XSP that used DOM directly (AND WE TOLD YOU NOT TO DO IT!) will be
> > hard to port, anything else will be piece of cake.
>
> Oh, oh! Nobody told _me_! Our JavaBeans produce DOM elements
> and we insert them via XSP! So this is no longer possible in
> Cocoon2??

if you're using <xsp:expr> to include the DOM elements, you _should_ be
fine - it's only if you're manipulating the internal xsp DOM objects
directly that you'll need to mess with anything.

if for some reason, the XSP impl. for cocoon2 does _not_ let you include
DOM objects via <xsp:expr>, i'll personally patch it so that it does.
there are enough DOM2SAX convertors lying around that it would be
absolutely inexcusable for us not to allow people to call libraries that
return DOM objects.

- donald