cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Dixon <bea...@arches.uga.edu>
Subject Re: Multiple Transformations
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2000 21:04:57 GMT

Wow! The cahcing is a major improvement (at least for 60 seconds :>) but
I'm still mystified about how I should implement this stuff. I think our
ideas are along the same lines, I want to provide a certain set of tags to
other developers so that they never have to worry about logicsheets etc,
all the need to know about is XSL and the tags at their disposal. I don't
know how to accomplish that AND use esql. I took the XSL step out of my
pages and I noticed that the XSP/esql combo always returns an HTML
doctype. I suspect that is the source of all my problems. But if I want to
dynamically select things out of a database, process some of them (format
dates, phone numbers, etc) BEFORE they arerive at the stylesheet, I have
no clue how to go about it. I wish there were examples of more complex
setups lying around.

Ben