cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Olsen" <frank.ol...@rd.francetelecom.fr>
Subject RE: performance issues
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 14:54:03 GMT

Hi,

Just my two cents: I'm testing the performance of various ways of
parsing/transforming XML to HTML, including Cocoon and Castor. The latter
does not use XSLT - it just unmarshals XML to Java objects.

For Castor, the unmarshalling process done when called from a servlet in my
appserver (WebSphere 3.0.2.1) is approximately 3.5 times slower than when
used separetely from the command line.

Well, I don't think your problem is the same -- I haven't got enough
experience with cocoon to help you -- it's just a consideration.

Regards,
Frank Olsen