cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Staub" <est...@mediaone.net>
Subject RE: Aha! got it! 64k limit(was: new version of the sql logicsheetunder development)
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2000 18:07:04 GMT
I believe that in this narrow case, you _could_ just emit SAX events, since
you're appending to the current node.

I wonder what folks think about doing this.
Is it dangerous?
Is it bypassing Cocoon in a way which will likely lead to future
incompatibility?

-Ed Staub

-----Original Message-----
From: Torsten Curdt [mailto:tcurdt@dff.st]
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2000 9:35 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Aha! got it! 64k limit(was: new version of the sql
logicsheetunder development)

Well, in our clean page example based site we do:

 <xsl:template match="selection">
  <xsl:copy>
   <xsl:copy-of select="*|@*"/>
   <xsp:logic>
    {
    myBean q = new myBean();
    q.get();
    xspCurrentNode.appendChild(q.toXML(document));
    }
   </xsp:logic>
  </xsl:copy>
 </xsl:template>

So in C2 there is no xspCurrentNode since is SAX based, right?!
Can you think of a way of porting this functionality? Donald
wrote something about a DOM2SAX converter...
--
Torsten