cocoon-users mailing list archives

From James.Aggrey-Orle...@ubsw.com
Subject Cocoon 2 Questions
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:25:34 GMT
     Hello,

     I am getting up to speed with Cocoon/Apache and XML/XSL.

     Re: Cocoon 2, just read it is scheduled for release by the End Of 2k.

     In reading the release notes on the site
     http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/cocoon2.html
     section Passive APIs vs. Active APIs, it sounds like somebody in my
     position (beginner) should be learning to use SAX API (active) and not
     the DOM API.

     1) Will the Rel. 2 SAX API make the DOM API obsolete?

     2) What are the inplications of using the SAX API with Rel. 1?  Is it
     currently much slower?

     Rgds,
     J.A-O

related financial instruments.