cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joel Hughes <j...@redknee.com>
Subject RE: AddHandler for XML files
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:12:43 GMT
See the
jakarta-tomcat\doc\uguide\tomcat_ug.html
and
cocoon-1.8\docs\install.html, install-case-windows/solaris.html
doc for complete set up instructions

Of the many configuration settings, you'll have to add this to the web.xml
of each tomcat site that uses cocoon, and the cocoon.properties file is
placed into each WEB-INF directory.

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>cocoon</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>properties</param-name>
      <param-value>
	   WEB-INF/cocoon.properties
      </param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>cocoon</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

and this in your httpd.conf or tomcat.conf
# Direct all '.xml' files to Cocoon
Action cocoon /servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
AddHandler cocoon .xml

The web.xml is for tomcat.
The AddHandler is for Apache.

Joël Hughes