cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon XSL parameters
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2000 00:14:52 GMT
Matt Watson <Matt.Watson@rufusleonard.co.uk> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a form that includes a textarea. When this form is submitted and
>the
> >value from the query
> >string is read. I find that for some reason if the value includes carrige
> >returns it is not correctly
> >being displayed. As additional blank lines have appeared.

[snip]

> > ----------
> > | Submit |
> > ----------
> >
> >which produces the query string ?test=ab%0D%0Acd
> >
> >when I re-display the value as in the above code.
> >
> > ------------------------
> > |ab				|
> > | 				|  <-- Suddenly there is an extra line here.
> > |cd				|
> >
> >Any ideas about what I am doing wrong? Do I need to run a function on
>$test
> >before I display it?

Yes. The HTML spec says that textareas will always submit all line
terminators as CRLFs, which is what you are seeing (%0D%0A). I don't know
how you put the value back into the form, but you must be incorrectly
converting %0D%0A to two line breaks.

Anyway, the way to fix is to change %0D%0A to %0A, or whatever.