cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: improve cocoon performances
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:17:52 GMT
Christophe MALIGORNE <cmaligorne@odaxys.fr> wrote:

>i'd want to use cocoon caching, which version of cocoon implement this
>mecanism ?

Latest 1.8-dev from cvs works best, but is not perfect.

>what are the different way to make faster my document processing ?

I can think of two easy ones off the top of my head:
1. Optimize your stylesheets (see the XSL FAQ on www.mulberrytech.com IIRC).
2. Implement the hasChanged() method in XSP pages (see the source code or
javadocs)
3. Buy a faster machine ;)

Cocoon 2 will have major performance improvements, but is not ready yet.

>It takes about 40 second to produce a 20 pages pdf document using XSP.

In the case of PDFs, you could also try different versions of FOP.