cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: FOP Problem
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 22:04:00 GMT
"Read, David" <dave@blueslate.net> wrote:
>I have been successfully using Cocoon and FOP to produce PDFs and I read
>somewhere that <fo:external-graphic...> didn't work correctly with the
>version that comes with Cocoon 1.7.4 (FOP 0.12.1).  Not being able to
>get external images to appear in the PDFs I assumed that I was
>experiencing this problem.  I downloaded the latest FOP (0.14) and
>successfully compiled it.  I placed the fop.jar in my lib directory and
>removed the old fop_0_12_1.jar file.  Now when I request the URL that
>leads to the PDF production I receive the following error in the
>browser:

>Cocoon 1.7.4
>
>                                             Error found handling the
>request.
>
>       java.lang.NullPointerException
>               at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(Compiled
>Code)

I must admit I don't know anything about FOP, I'm just repeating what I read
a day or few ago (this is what I've put in the new FAQ so tell me if it's
wrong!)

It depends
    on which version you are using. With fop-0.13.0, use something like

<fo:inline-graphic href="file:/dir/dir/image.gif"/>

   With fop-0.14.0, use something like:

<fo:external-graphic src="file:/dir/dir/image.gif" width="100px"
     height="30px"/>