cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple transforms.
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2000 20:09:48 GMT
Uli Mayring <ulim@denic.de> wrote:
>On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Donald Ball wrote:
>
> > dude, is so simple. at the end of each XSLT transformation, just make
>sure
> > the result document has both a <?cocoon-format type="xslt"?> and a
> > <?xml-stylesheet href="foo.xsl" type="text/xsl"?> PI. you can create 'em
> > with xsl:processing-instruction or copy them from the source file or
> > whatever you want.
>
>Hm, but both constructs are outside of the root tag and in an XSLT
>stylesheet I can only parse from the root tag on down.

I was confused by this at first as well. Trust me, it can be done.

The whole document is the "root node". It is "invisible" because it doesn't
have start or end tags. The root element of the document is the root
element, which is a child of the root node (as are the PIs).

Root element != root node.

<xsl:template match="/"> matches the root node. So you create PIs _after_
you copy the root node (which always must be done, even though it is
invisible and doesn't create anything textual), but _before_ the root
element.

Clear now?