cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification Re: How to Call Servlets, CGIs on your server and other servers
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:22:04 GMT
Eliza.Khosrova@tminus10.com wrote:
>Robin,
>
>I wasn't sure if you were referring to my question...

Yes.

>But, just to make a note...I am using the second method, (B).

No, you should be using (A), if your "XML" is a well-formed XML document. If
not, either you must make it into a well-formed document (inside the servlet
or whatever), or you must use the xspParser object directly (which takes a
few lines).

>As I mentioned, my servlet returns an XML tree as a big string (see my
>previous e-mail)
>but the problem I have is I don't know how in my XSP
>translate the servlet response as a tree instead of string so that I can
>later iterate through elements of the tree and print them.

This is what I was trying to tell you. (A) is what you use in that case.