cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with upgrade from 1.7.2 to 1.7.4
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 22:56:21 GMT
Christophe MALIGORNE <cmaligorne@odaxys.fr> wrote on Wed, 6 Sep 2000
12:34:16 +0200:
>I've just installed Cocoon 1.7.4 .
>
>Since the upgrade, I get  the following error when i call some doduments.
>
>String index out of range: 0java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
>String index out of range: 0
>	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
>	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
>	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
>	at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
>	at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:47)
>	at
>java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException.<init>(IndexOutOfBoundsException.java:44
>)
>	at
>java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException.<init>(StringIndexOutOfBoundsExcep
>tion.java:57)
>	at java.lang.String.charAt(Compiled Code)
>	at
>org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.getResource(Compiled Code)
>	at
>org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.process(XSLTProcessor.java:10
>7)
>	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
>	at Adhesion.executeCocoon(Compiled Code)
>	at Adhesion.doPost(Adhesion.java:247)
>	at Adhesion.doGet(Adhesion.java:81)
>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:499)
>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
>	at
>org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
>	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
>	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
>
>For others documents, it works fine (and faster !).
>all my document works correctly with 1.7.2.

It looks like there is a problem in your <?xml-stylesheet ?> processing
instruction. Cocoon cannot find a href attribute. What does the
xml-stylesheet processing-instruction look like in the pages that don't
work, and are they different in the pages that do work - e.g. the COcoon
samples? (I have a hunch it's something to do with quote marks.)

--
Robin