cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: performance issues
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 00:10:32 GMT
><xsp:page>
>   <xsp:expr>XBean.toDOM(document)</xsp:expr>
></xsp:page>
>
>(XBean.toDOM creates around 10000 Nodes)

I know this problem has been solved, but I just thought I'd point out -
xsp:expr clones the entire node set you give it, in order to allow you to
add nodes from other documents. If you don't need this cloning, it's more
efficient to do just

  xspCurrentNode.appendChild (XBean.toDOM (document));

or whatever.

Unfortunately that's not future-compatible with Cocoon 2. But you could
centralise use of this into a tag (e.g. <xsp:fast-expr>) and then you'd only
have to change one line, to fix the compatability problem with C2, when you
upgrade to C2.